This Christmas Eve, All Souls Unitarian Church extends a warm invitation to everyone, no matter where you are on your spiritual journey, to join us for a day of celebration, reflection, and community. From a thoughtful morning service to the joyful candlelight services in the evening, our doors are open to all who wish to share in the spirit of this special day.
Time: 10:30 AM
We’ll have one service Sunday morning at 10:30 AM. Our morning service offers a serene start to Christmas Eve, with a message from Reverend Randy Lewis. After the service, we invite everyone — believers, nonbelievers, and everyone in between — to join us in a traditional Unitarian Communion. This gathering sets the tone for a day of inclusivity and unity, embodying the spirit of Christmas.
- Children’s programming for mixed ages—kindergarten and older—provided following the Time for All Ages at the 10:30 service.
Evening Candlelight Services
As evening falls, our church comes alive with the soft glow of candlelight, ushering in a series of services that capture the essence of Christmas in their own unique ways.
- Time: 4:30 PM
- Perfect for families, especially those with small children, this service features our smallest children’s choir. Their delightful and charming performances, along with interactive elements, make this service a joy for the little ones.
2. Traditional Candlelight Service:
- Time: 6:00 PM
- A continuation of an 80-year-old tradition at All Souls, this service includes classic carols, scripture readings, and performances by our Adult and Children’s Choirs. Mike McCrary brings the spirit alive on the pipe organ.
3. Jazz Christmas Eve Service:
- Time: 7:30 PM
- This service offers a contemporary twist to the traditional celebration. Featuring our youth choir and musicians like Annie Ellicott and D’mitri Sobol, it’s a fusion of jazz and classic Christmas elements, creating a unique and lively atmosphere.
- Childcare is available for our smallest guests during the 4:30 and 6:00pm services.
- Childcare for our smallest guests will not be available during the 7:30pm service.
Wassail & Cookies Reception
Following the 4:30 PM and 6:00 PM services, join us for the Wassail & Cookies Reception. It’s a time for fellowship, sharing festive treats, and enjoying the warmth of our community. We invite you to bring cookies to share with the congregation, enhancing the communal spirit of the evening. You can bring your cookie contributions any time between now and Sunday.
Join The Festive Spirit
- Volunteer: We’re seeking enthusiastic volunteers to help serve cookies & wassail and assist with clean-up after our services. Sign up at allsouls.me/xmaseve
- Cookie Contribution: Bring your favorite cookies to share at the Wassail & Cookies Reception following the 4:30 PM and 6:00 PM services. Your delicious treats will add sweetness to our community gathering.
- Youth Choir Alumni Invitation: If you’re an alum of the All Souls Youth Choir, we invite you to join the current choir in singing “Lo, How a Rose” at the 7:30 PM service. Rehearsal starts at 6:30 PM in the choir room, but feel free to join in even if you arrive late.
Join Us No Matter Where You Are
For those who cannot attend in person, we welcome you to join us online! We’ll be streaming all of our Christmas Eve services live on our website, Facebook, and YouTube pages. Please note, we will not have Zoom availability for our Christmas Eve services.
Welcoming You to All Souls
At All Souls Unitarian Church, Christmas Eve is more than just a series of services; it’s a celebration of community, love, and the joyous spirit of the season. We eagerly await the opportunity to share these special moments with you and your loved ones this holiday season.