Though the kids are headed back to school, the heat of the summer continues. Since we can’t comfortably meet outside, we’re taking our children’s programming online until September. As our children settle into a new normal of regular schoolwork, I hope you will join us in a weekly respite of Sunday School.
Join Us on Zoom
Each Sunday, at 11:30 am, All Souls offers our children a break from the routine—a chance to share and giggle, to grieve and vent, to laugh and sigh. A chance to be seen and valued. For at least the next three weeks we will do this virtually on Zoom. Just register at https://allsouls.me/sundayschool to join in.
Each week we will talk about what has brought us joy, what has made us sad, and what we are looking forward to. And every week we have a different activity that will helps us learn about Unitarian Universalism, our monthly theme, and how to take care of ourselves and each other.
Got Your Activity Pack?
If you weren’t able to pick up an activity pack at our Back-to-School Blessing Sunday on Aug. 15, we would be happy to deliver one to you. Just send us your address and tell us how many children are in your household.
With our activities it is always our intention to give families tools for spiritual growth and faith development especially when we are unable to attend in-person church, to support parents and caregivers in their role as primary religious educators, and to respectfully explore the rich tapestry of faith traditions and embrace those elements that resonate most deeply. Our programs reflect the aims of our covenant—To dwell together in peace, to seek the truth in love, and to help one another, and we are always guided by our “Peace Practices:”
- Be kind in word and deed
- Respect yourself, everyone, and everything
- Everyone gets to play
We will continue on Zoom at 11:30 as long as there is interest, and look forward to reopening All Souls Kids Church of Play in September once COVID numbers and the temperature have dropped enough to allow us to meet in person comfortably.
In Person Meetings This Fall!
We plan to meet outside all Fall!
Fall Plan (tentatively Sept. 12) for All Souls Church of Play!
- Join us during Sunday’s 10 o’clock Service for free-form play and community building.
- Children in pre-k (at least 3 and potty trained) enclosed Channing playground
- Elementary age Children (kindergarten to 5th grade) start in the Sanctuary for the Story for All Ages (COVID numbers permitting) then travel to the North Playground.
- Middle School Youth (6th through 8th grade) meet under the Elm on the West Playground.
- Coming of Age (9th and 10th grades) meets 11:30-12:30 pm under the Elm on the West Playground. (Family Meet and Greet 8/29)
- High School Youth (10th through 12th grades) meet 1:00-2:30 pm under the Elm on the West Playground.
Tentative Children’s and Youth Choir Rehearsal Schedule:
- 2:30 pm Youth Choir (begins Sept 12) West Playground
- 4:00 pm Children’s Choir (begins Sept 12) West Playground
- 5:00 pm Cherub Choir (Starting in October) West Playground
Contact email@example.com for choir details.
To make sure you receive the most up to date information about our Children’s and Youth Programs please fill out and submit a 2021-2022 Registration Form.
Questions? Contact Shannon!
Shannon Boston is the Executive Director of Lifespan Religious Education. Shannon leads our families each Sunday in online Family Chapel (9 a.m.) on our Facebook page. Explore our growing catalog of videos to help you be your children’s religious educator in the time of COVID-19.